Milestone 1

I wouldn’t say Milestone One is not a complete success but defiantly isn’t a failure either.

At this moment we don’t have all the newspaper articles digitized and on the website but I do have more than half of the years on my google drive and in the process of uploading them to a page on the WordPress project site. I have gone through the Equinox school newspaper and the Keene Sentinel and looked for newspaper articles that apply to the Pumpkin Festival and opinion pieces or articles about arrests or vandalism for the years 1991 through 2005. I still need to do the more modern years. Tyler was supposed to do the more contemporary years.

The IRB process is still under way but to be honest it isn’t the schools fault it is going slow. I’ve just been trying to work with the newspapers first and learning how to work with WordPress. That’s been my main focus these last few weeks. I need to do the Citi training which has been really easy to procrastinate but this is my first weekend that won’t be very busy so I’ll get to it this weekend.

I think for the future both me and my project partner need to work on setting aside time to work on this project so it doesn’t get left behind because of other responsibilities.

2 thoughts on “Milestone 1

1. I know how busy school can get, so it is good that you are trying your hardest. Kailee and I try to make it work by finding times that we both can meet in person for this class specifically. I hope you are able to look through all those newspapers. Looking through all those files is not fun. Good luck!

2. Hey Erin!

Your website looks great so far and I really like the value that the digitized articles add to your website and topic! I hope IRB speeds up for you guys soon and that you are able to cite some of the emails that you guys have received recently regarding pumpkin fest to give a view of the current attitudes towards it. I hope that you and Tyler can find time to meet up soon and work through things together because meeting up, though it can be hard sometimes, has helped Alyssa and I tremendously when it comes to staying on task and evenly dividing the work load. Good luck!